1. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Capfin” shall mean Capfin SA (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2011/126985/07; NCRCP 11812);
2. “Confirmed Entrant(s)” shall mean any person(s) who enters this Competition by means of successfully concluding a loan agreement with Capfin by scanning their SA ID at any Ackermans or PEP stores in South Africa or by SMSing their SA ID number to 33005, or online at capfin.co.za, to stand a chance to be 1 of 240 Winners to win R 2500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Rand);
3. “Capfin Website” shall mean www.capfin.co.za;
4. “Social Media” shall mean Capfin social media platforms which shall include websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking and shall include for the purposes of this Competition, but not limited to, Capfin SA Facebook, Capfin (@CapfinSA) Twitter and/or capfin_sa Instagram;
5. “Personal Information” shall mean the name, surname, SA ID number, contact details, proof of registered South African banking details and any other necessary personal and/or identifiable information of the Confirmed Entrant(s) as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013;
6. “Family Members” shall mean spouses, biological or lawful parents, siblings or children, whether dependant on the relevant employee or not;
7. “Prize(s)” means a monetary award to 240 Winners to the value of R 2 500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Rand), the determination and allocation of which will be at the sole discretion of Capfin and/or its associated companies;
8. “Winner(s)” means the recipient(s) of the Prize(s) awarded to a Confirmed Entrant(s) by Capfin, whose decision(s) shall be final at all times;
9. “Business Days” means every day of the week excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
10. “Capfin Business Related Affiliates and Partners” means any business affiliates of Capfin and/or its associated companies;
11. "Competition" means this “Add Capfin” Competition;
12. The above general definitions shall apply herein and, in all correspondence, relating to this Competition save where expressly altered or the context indicates otherwise.
13. This Competition is available to all Confirmed Entrant(s) who enter by means of successfully concluding a loan agreement with Capfin by scanning their SA ID at any Ackermans or PEP stores in South Africa or by SMSing their SA ID number to 33005, or online at capfin.co.za, to stand a chance to be 1 of 240 Winners to win R 2500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Rand);
14. Successfully concluding a Capfin loan agreement allows an entry to the “Add Capfin” Competition. Capfin reserves the right to scrutinise and vet the authenticity of the information provided;
15. Only Confirmed Entrant(s) who have not won a prize within the last 6 (six) calendar months prior to commencement of this Competition in any other Capfin promotional giveaway, will be eligible to participate in this Competition and win a Prize;
16. By means of participation in this Competition, Confirmed Entrant(s) agree to give honest, accurate and current information to Capfin and consent thereto that Capfin may collect and process such Confirmed Entrant’s Personal Information, for the purposes of the administration of this Competition, Promotional Obligations and Marketing Campaigns;
17. Confirmed Entrant(s) acknowledge that any information supplied to Capfin for the purpose of this Competition is provided voluntarily and by submitting any Personal Information to participate in this Competition, such Confirmed Entrant(s) consent to the processing of such information under any applicable law in the manner detailed herein, which consent shall be indefinite and/or for the period otherwise required in terms of any applicable law. A Confirmed Entrant(s) may object to the processing of their Personal Information at any time by providing Capfin with written notice to that effect;
18. Entrants must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older, a citizen of the Republic of South Africa and have a valid South African bank account (in their own name) and cell phone number to enter this Competition and qualify for the Prize;
19. All Capfin, ACKERMANS, PEP employees and all Capfin Business Related Affiliates and Partners including their Family Members will not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
20. This Competition is valid from 08h00 on the 8th of July 2021 until 23h59 on the 30th of September 2021.
21. Due to the requirement of scrutinising the validity of entries, a Confirmed Entrant’s entry will only be valid until final draw date of 7 October 2021 as per paragraph 26 below.
Confirmed Entrant(s) selected to be Winner(s) will receive a Prize(s), decided upon at the sole discretion of Capfin, which amount will be paid to the Winner(s) by Capfin on or after 31 August 2021 to the Winners selected on 19 August 2021 and 31 October 2021 to the Winners selected on 7 October 2021 subject to clauses 24 and 25 below. The Prize(s) shall be paid directly into the Winner’s personal South African bank account provided by the Winner during the loan application and following confirmation of the validity thereof by Capfin;
23. In addition, Capfin will not be liable for any charges or tax associated with the payment of the Prize and Capfin hereby confirms that no Prize will be paid out in physical cash or in any other means other than by direct deposit into a valid South African bank account (refer to clause 22 above);
24. The Prize(s) will be paid out by means of electronic direct deposit in South African Rand only;
25. Capfin will not be liable for any delay(s) with Prize pay-outs;
26. The Winner(s) draws will take place on 19 August 2021 (for Confirmed Entrants entries received from 8 July 2021 to 18 August 2021 wherein 120 Winners will be selected) AND 7 October 2021 (for Confirmed Entrants entries received from 8 July to 30 September 2021 wherein 120 Winners will be selected). If a Confirmed Entrant was a Winner in the draw dated 19 August 2021, such Winner shall not be eligible to be selected as a Winner in the draw dated 7 October 2021;
27. The Winner(s) will be contacted via SMS on 25 August 2021 for Winners selected on 19 August 2021 and on 13 October 2021 for Winners selected on 7 October 2021.
28. The Winner(s) consent to their name, surname, geographical location (limited to their city or province) being announced by Capfin on Social Media during the Period of Competition or such reasonable time and date thereafter, circumstances depending.
29. Upon inclusion of the details of all Confirmed Entrant(s) on a list, a designated Capfin employee will select a Winner(s) by means of an automated Microsoft Excel formula for randomisation;
30. Should Capfin not be able to make contact with the Winner(s) after 4 (four) attempts (meaning 4 individual attempts at contacting the Winner(s) to any electronic mail address and telephonic number provided by the Winner to Capfin), that Winner’s right to the Prize(s) will be deemed to be waived and the Prize(s) will be forfeited. Capfin reserves the right to award the Prize(s) to the next randomly drawn Confirmed Entrant using the same computerised means;
31. The respective Capfin representative will then make the necessary contact with the Winner(s) via the contact details provided to Capfin by the RESPECTIVE Winner(s).
32. The Prize(s) is in no way transferrable or substitutable for any other Prize(s) or monetary denomination;
33. Capfin reserves the right to exclude any person from this Competition on reasonable grounds, in which instance Capfin’s decision will be final and more specifically, should a Winner’s declared loan amount not be their correct Capfin loan amount, Capfin reserves the right to exclude such person from this Competition;
34. Capfin reserves the right to refuse to make a Prize award, or to withhold the payment of any Prize(s) to any Winner(s), regardless of the successful completion of this Competition process, who Capfin decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the terms and conditions of this Competition, or who has participated herein using suspected fraudulent means or dishonest information;
35. Only one entry per Confirmed Entrant is acceptable.
36. Confirmed Entrant(s) in this Competition consent by means of their participation that all Personal Information provided to Capfin, may be stored and processed on a secured database, which information may be used for Promotional Obligations and Marketing Campaigns by Capfin and its associated companies and unless consented otherwise, Capfin will not sell, exchange, transfer, rent or otherwise make available Confirmed Entrant(s) Personal Information to other parties and Confirmed Entrant(s) indemnify Capfin from any unintentional disclosures of such information to unauthorised persons;
37. No negotiations will be entered into as to the awarding of a Prize(s) or the contents of these terms and conditions, and Capfin’s decision remains final and binding at all times;
38. Capfin directs all Confirmed Entrants’ attention to the Capfin Website for any additional terms and conditions relating to this Competition;
39. Capfin reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and at its sole discretion;
40. Should they be required to do so by any applicable law or regulatory body, Capfin furthermore reserves the right to withdraw this Competition entirely without liability attaching to Capfin for such action or the result thereof.